Join Our Team
Only Escrow, Inc. is an independent, DOC Escrow Company seeking a seasoned, professional, calm, detail oriented, go-with-the-flow, hard working Escrow Assistant/Junior Escrow Officer to assist our Senior Escrow Officer and Manager on her very busy and often times unpredictable Sale and Refinance desk. (If you completely understand that “escrow” and “unpredictable” are one in the same, then you are in the right place). Potential candidates should possess the following:
Knowledge of escrow at a level of a Junior Escrow Officer/Escrow Officer.
Possess the ability to process a file from open to close and everything in between. Must be a motivated self-starter! Spanish speaking is a HUGE plus but not mandatory. Candidate should be able to handle moments of high stress and deadlines with confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to multi-task.
MUST be able to cope with moments of high pressure, have thick skin be able to receive the occasional client complaints and act accordingly. When complaints or issues do arise, the manager is always available to help and will not leave you stranded to deal with them on your own. Candidate must have faith that there are no problems that cannot be solved and that there is always a team effort to aid in resolving them.
A little background/info about the Escrow Officer/Manager you will be assisting:
*NOTE* You will also be assisting (only when necessary) some of our other Escrow Officers, but you will primarily be working hand in hand with our Senior Escrow Officer/Manager.
She believes in full disclosure and has the following professional characteristics:
- She is extremely service oriented and hands-on with her clients, which can result in her being out of the office and in the field several times during the week.
- She is very no-nonsense, but never disrespectful. Don’t expect hugs and flowers but she does appreciate and care for her staff deeply, she just has her own way of showing it.
- She is very vocal with her feelings! Again, she might get upset but she will never disrespect you, so don’t take anything personal.
- She is not afraid to let you know when mistakes have been made. She will always take the time to explain how and why the mistake was made and how to avoid it in the future. You must be able to listen to and absorb constructive criticism, as every action taken on a file is a direct reflection on her.
- She is very driven and business-oriented. Expanding and growing the business are her primary goals.
- No matter how frustrated you may be, it is not acceptable to direct your frustration verbally or in writing to the clients. If you are being disrespected or mistreated by a client, let her know immediately and she will promptly take care of it for you and make sure it does not ever happen again.
- She will take the heat with her clients for ANY and ALL mistakes made, even if they were made by you. Just be prepared for her to express her frustration with the situation respectfully, but firmly.
- She is not a micro-manager and believes strongly in letting people work without having to oversee every detail. That being said, even though she is not watching everything you do, she does expect you to be able to prioritize effectively, work hard and be accountable for your actions on the files and with the clients.
- Common sense is a must! She does not have a lot of patience for repeating the same thing over and over again. Of course, if you need help or have questions about specific protocol or about files with special scenarios, please do! She has all the patience in the world for teaching and training, but you must be able to retain the directions and information she gives you. Making notes and keeping samples for future reference is highly recommended. She has an excellent short and long term memory and it is very helpful if her assistant has the same attribute.
- She is VERY open to your opinions. If you have any thoughts or ideas about how to get more business, make things better or easier for our clients or the company, please feel free to share these thoughts with her!
Please do not be scared by any of this information. Our Officer/Manager is very easy to work with but does require the right personality and work ethic in order to create a successful partnership with her assistant. She believes in being very upfront about her expectations and professional needs so that there is no confusion or misunderstandings.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume to us ASAP so we can review it and schedule an interview.
Why Work With Us
Asunt in anim uis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in anim id est laborum. Allamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
Why Work With Us
We are always looking for talented and passionated people.